View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 12:49 PM
Skittl1321

Originally Posted by dopeterson View Post
If I am correct, I think that Ricky Tims still sews his quilts on his Mom's (or could be his Grandma's) old treddle Singer sewing machine and I certainly think he does a pretty good job - don't you?
Ricky Tims appears in quite a bit of advertising for Bernina, so I imagine he does use their machines. He at least seems to be telling us too... Here he is talking about the 830 (a machine that, in my opinion, should drive you home from the store) http://www.berninausa.com/popup-fT-n...-p306-sUS.html.

He often mentions his mother's old electric Kenmore in interviews (and that he still has it), is that what you are thinking of?

I have to say, when I got a Bernina, I had no idea it was an "it" brand. It cost less than the Janome I was looking at, so I picked it as the affordable option. (Brother was my other choice. I recently found out there is a Viking dealer near here, but didn't know it at the time.)

I think Brother gets a bad rap. I loved my Walmart brother and had it for decades- I couldn't afford one when I was looking for a machine that go round, but wanted a CS6000i and recommend them to any beginner, the dealer machines are really good too. And the 1034d is the best entry level serger there is.

Last edited by Skittl1321; 01-26-2012 at 12:56 PM.