View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 01:14 PM
Daylesewblessed

This morning I thought I would do a little cleaning on my 301 before taking it to a work session tomorrow where we will be making cool ties to help an Eagle Scout project.

I removed the throat plate and cleaned out the lint. My first problem was forgetting to position the bobbin assembly finger properly in the throat plate. Had everything put back together, and of course, sewing was a mess. After I remembered about that issue, I got it positioned correctly and then couldn't tighten one of the throat plate screws more than a couple of turns. I tried 2 spare throat plate screws, and still no luck -- they all act the same: will turn a few turns and then stop. If anybody has an answer for my dilemma, please respond.

Meanwhile, the throat plate seems anchored tightly with just one screw, so I will take it tomorrow and be watching to see if it causes a problem.

Sometimes it is better to leave well enough alone. However, the amount of lint around the feed dogs certainly indicated that it was past the time for a cleaning!

Dayle