View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 02:51 PM
Dotha

I wonder if 'mass produced' means knock-off. Of course they don't like that but if it sews to your liking, who cares. It is against the law, I think, to produce knock offs but not to buy it.

Having worked in a quilt shop, though, I did not like it when a customer came in to have ME figure out how much backing she needs so she can go to another shop to purchase. She never did buy much from us. If a customer wants the convenience, they do need to support the shop some. My way of thinking was this, if she wants to know how much backing she wants for her quilt, ask at the shop where she is buying.

I see the point of the machine place, but the $50 should have covered the class without a problem.... I bit my tongue when the lady wanted me to figure out her backing yardage but apparently someone told her I was offended and she could not understand why. Shop is not here anymore and people miss it.

It is tough these days. We have to do what we can to protect our own finances and businesses have to try to stay in business. I don't know what the answer is. Everybody has to do what they have to do and handle it best they can.

Enjoy your machine. I am sure it will do the job for you.

Last edited by Dotha; 01-26-2012 at 03:01 PM. Reason: added more