View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 05:36 PM
SewOK

I think machine snobbery is quite nonsensical and a useless waste of my time and energy. I know a lady that has the top of the line Bernina embroidery/sewing machine and lives pretty much at the poverty level, but she still insists on being very snooty about people who sew on other machines are way beneath her skill level in quilting and/or embroidery. Who cares. Each person has the machine and equipment they can afford and should be encouraged to learn their skill to their highest level. I sewed on a Kenmore machine for 20 years that I purchased at Sears in Chicago. I donated it to a church friend who had two daughters and couldn't afford to buy a machine. Since that time I have been fortunate enough that my dh has graduated me through several Pfaffs (2034, 2056 and now Expression 4.0). I have a Singer Futura 350 embroidery machine that I truly love and it does everything I need it to do in the embroidery field. I personally think being snobbish about what machine someone uses is to help improve the self-image of the person doing so.