Thread: Hand quilting
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 07:43 PM
dlong

I've tried numerous things and most interfere with the feel of the needle coming through the material. I found some adhesive dots called Needle Grip-it that work well. I stick one on each index finger since I tend to stick both frequently. Can't remember where I bought them, but I know it was in a craft/sewing department of one of the stores like Hobby Lobby or Hancocks Fabrics. I've also used one of the leather thimbles that covers the whole finger and it worked pretty good. Hope you find something that works for you
Originally Posted by Jackie R View Post
What can one put on the under finger to keep from sticking it so much - ouch! I just finished doing a little hand quilting and tried a little metal stick on for the under finger, but, it just felt so strange and I couldn't get the hang of it. Should I just keep at it to get used to it or is there something else you use to protect the finger under the quilt?

Would really like to know what other hand quilters use because I would really like to hand quilt more often as it was fun (basically, except for the needle pricks).