Old 01-27-2012, 06:51 AM
Happy Treadler

Default Fulfilling my New Year's resolutions on my birthday. :)

Hi everybody!

I've been pressing on and MAKING time for myself. I promised myself that I will sew more and waste less time for this new year, and continue to take risks and try new quilting techniques (without being scared!).

Yesterday was my birthday, and after working in the morning hubby took me to Lancaster (PA) for lunch & a tiny bit of shopping (we unfortunately ran out of time).

I was fortunate to find some fabric for my son's new quilt that I'm pretty happy with. He wanted something blue and chose a Bear Paw pattern (which thrilled me because I've been really anxious to try one!). I found some nice blues in Goods. I have it pinned up on my design board, and figured I'd chew on it for awhile. Surprisingly, Good's has TOTALLY been re-done and unrecognizable. Not sure if I like it yet or not. It has a new entrance (on the Shady Maple side), and everything is re-done. Lots of fabric, at decent prices.

I've also been wanting to try some freezer paper piecing out, and chose a bright and cheery pattern. Was up until midnight last night working on it and I LOVE how it turned out. All it needs now are borders & binding, and I can't wait because it will brighten up my little corner of the world.
Attached Thumbnails p1010517.jpg   p1010514.jpg