Old 01-27-2012, 10:06 AM
purplefiend

CD,
My 201k-4 was bought at the Llano TOGA in 2007, it's a natural born hand crank in a bentwood case; after I wound the first bobbin the 201 became a treadled machine. The step-grands like to use the hand crank, they've not got wanted to treadle yet.
My cabinet was a freebie from my friend,Karen, I just recently swapped out the straight leg irons for another set in better condition. My set was missing a screw and just didn't turn very well despite having been taken all apart and thoroughly cleaned,greased,oiled and adjusted. My original set was the donor for a few parts for the newer set. I have 3 Singer treadle cabinets and 4 heads. Soon I'll have my Singer 115 ready to sew, my son and I just got it freed up; it was rusted inside and even came with a bonus mud dauber nest in the pillar. Soon I'll have another 66-1 red eye cleaned up and sewing; my friend got it for free and asked if I wanted it (silly girl of course!!!).
It doesn't look like your 201 has much in the way of decals and is shiny, my machine is a 1936. I prefer the Singer treadles too, I learned to sew on an electric Singer 66 in junior high school.
Sharon W. in central Texas.

Last edited by purplefiend; 01-27-2012 at 10:09 AM.