View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 02:02 PM
Divokittysmom

Default My Favorite Sewing Rm Organizers

I have tried and tried over the years to keep all of my sewing paraphernalia neat and tidy. When we moved a few yrs ago my sewing room shrunk to half of the size. lol.. So I finally came up with a great solution that works for me. I have everything stored in this nice wall unit from buttons, beads, zippers, patterns, CD's... to my Simplicity Bias Tape Maker & Bias Tape Cutter... Spray Starch cans, WIP etc etc. This has truly been a lifesaver for me to keep organized in a much smaller room. I purchased the 2 units,(stacked one on top of the other) at Lowes along with the colorful Fabric drawers. This unit also has the option to add white doors to each cubicle and separators for each cubicle to create 4 separate units within one unit. I love how this has made my sewing room not only neat and tidy but totally functional! I will be embroidering name tags for each drawer unit which will make it easier to remember what is where.

My 2nd favorite organizer is an ordinary bookshelf that holds all of my Sewing/Quilting/Embroidery books and Various Sewing videos. It may be ordinary but it sure works so I don't have to take up valuable space in my closet where my fabrics are housed!

Which brings me to the 3rd item which is how I store my fabrics in my closet. The closet also shrumk to half it's size when we moved! This is a simple but heavy duty shelving unit that slips into the closet and stands free. Although it isn't perfectly tidy in this photo...you can see how it has tons of space for all my different fabrics, and sewing paraphernalia. I have since made it look much neater!! lol On the door is a simple sheet of pegboard that I painted, hubby mounted it on 2x2's then it is mounted on the door with velcro removable strips. I have my embroidery hoops, templates, rulers and many small notions hanging right within my reach and easily visible. Ironing board is hanging on a simple bracket created for that use on opposite door. Hope this inspires someone who is scratching their head wondering how to organize their special sewing space.
Attached Thumbnails 2012-01-26_17-25-05_943.jpg   2012-01-26_17-25-45_627.jpg   100_3216.jpg  

Last edited by Divokittysmom; 01-27-2012 at 02:18 PM.