Old 01-27-2012, 05:15 PM
LindaM49

Default Janome Horizon instruction class today. WOW!

I arrived early...I always do and Cindy said we can start right away. Cindy said she does the classes on every brand and model of the machines the shop sells. She even carried my machine back to the classroom for me and when it was over she carried it out to my SUV and put it inside for me. Talk about service...lol.

Since I never had a computerized machine before and really never used any of the "extra" stitches on my old machine I didn't bother looking at or even reading about all of the stitches you can do on the Horizon. Well...she showed me some today and I was amazed. She explained how to do the letters and said...would you like to sew your first name. I said sure...I said...OMG...this is really neat. Then she said...let's make a pattern. So she saved the little car, helicopter and sailboat and had me sew those. Again...OMG this is neat. She gave me all kinds of great ideas since she is a quilter too. She brought 3 Janome feet in the room to show me and I ended up buying the Stitch in the Ditch AcuFeed foot. So many great tips and techniques...I could go forever.

Another lady was supposed to be there but she didn't show so it was just myself and Cindy. The class was supposed to be 2 hours...it ended up being almost 2 1/2 hours because we talked like we've been friends for years. I told her I've never done FMQ but eventually want to start. So...I did buy one of those sheets to slide the fabric on...she also mentioned the gloves but I said I'm really not ready for FMQ yet so I will wait to buy the gloves.

I am so glad I took advantage of this free class. I told her my long story of walking in the shop just to look and had my heart set on the 6600 etc. and of course the rest is history. She told me she has a 6600 but will soon be trading up to the Horizon. We were talking prices and of course I told her about the great deal that I got. She said that the new price for their 6600 will be $1,500. I have no clue what the price is right now...should have asked her.

Anyway...I just had to share my fun 2 1/2 hour class.