Old 01-27-2012, 05:44 PM
LindaM49

Originally Posted by baslp View Post
Sounds like you learned a lot. I bought a Horizon in Dec. I need to take it to one of the classes the sewing center offers! It is a rather heavy machine! I may see if my husband could take me and help carry it in.
The day I bought it the salesman told me it weighs about 50lbs. I really don't have much of a problem carrying it...with 2 hands. The problem was holding it in my left hand to open the door to the store. The other problem is getting it back up in the air to put it on the table. I should have started weightlifting before I bought this machine. LOL

I do have a cart that I use for craft shows to move my boxes of candles from the car to my booth space and then back to the car when it's over. I just didn't trust myself wheeling a brand new machine across the parking lot and then up over the curb/sidewalk. With my luck it would have bounced off the cart....or I wouldn't have had the strength to pull it up over the curb.

I had called yesterday to ask if I needed to take the extension table and the lady I spoke with said no...and I didn't need to take the knee thingie or the large acrylic fabric guide.

Hope you get to one of the classes and yes it would be nice to have hubby carry it in for you. My class was scheduled from 11-1 so my hubby was at work.