View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 08:09 PM
dublb

Here's how I get UFO's....
First I'm having trouble FMq my grandson's Solar System quilt. I had to frog stitch 2 blocks because of eyelashes on the back & too tiny stitches.
Then at 2 months I realized that DGS was growing so much faster than I expected! My DDIL was complaining about how all of his blankets were so small! I took several of 'em & sewed 'em together. Then I bought 6, 1 & 1/4yrd different pieces of fabric & hemmed 'em . (I'm known for these blankets but DDIL didn't know it.) She was so surprised at how wonderful they were.
In the mean time I'm still frog stitching.
Next, Christmas was coming & I realized that I hadn't finished my other DGK's B-day quilts, So I finished those in time for Christmas...
& then started frog stitching again. Boy do I hate those tiny stitches!
Then I see the PC & join that. 2 blocks a week shouldn't be to hard, & they aren't really.
My DS said that he really likes those blankets & that they have to wash 'em so often 'cause they are all that they use. So I ordered 6 more fabrics. They all came in & I have 'em prepared for hemming! One is hemmed.
I did finish all of that frog stitching yesterday; Yeah.
Just before Christmas I found out that my apprentice is pregnant. She's going to move to Austin to be closer to the Father of the Baby. She leaves Feb.3! I'm going to miss her. Yesterday she said that her family is giving her a going away party / baby shower, on Sat. I had planned on making her a quilt & some of those baby blankets that I make, later. I took her to the fabric store today & had her pick out several fabrics & said that I'd square up, & press the hems on one of each of these fabrics so she can sew 'em. That way we did 'em together! Then I'll make her quilt out of the rest of the fabric & it'll all match!
So instead of finishing my DDIL's blankets or FM quilting my DGS's quilt tonight I'm cutting more fabric!