Old 01-28-2012, 04:59 AM
LindaM49

Originally Posted by Daffy Daphne View Post
The Horizon 7700 weighs 26.5 pounds. It does feel heavier than that if you have to carry it very far.
Okay...the salesman must have been joking and I took him serious. I really didn't think it weighed 50 lbs. because I can't lift the largest bags of dog food and I think they weigh about 40 lbs. Here I was thinking that I was really strong...lol.

Oh...on a side note about something else that she told me and I had never heard of this. I have been using the machine so I had it threaded and thread on the bobbin. She told me to unthread it so I could start with an empty bobbin. When I went to pull the thread UP through she said STOP. She told me that you are supposed to cut the thread at the spool and pull it DOWN through the threading mechanisims and not up. She said that is how you get fuzz build up in all of those areas. Dumb me said...but you are wasting thread...lol. She said it's better to waste a foot or so of thread than to have to bring in your machine to have it cleaned out. I don't remember EVER being told that little hint.