View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 05:04 AM
40MPHK9

Originally Posted by ksdot417 View Post
My sewing area is in the basement as well. I love it. It used to be our family room but now it's mine. There's a sitting area, a bathroom, and lots of space for my quilting stuff. I have 2 windows below grade but they really seem to flood the area with light during the day. I also have lots of lights around the room. I hung some of my quilts to make it feel a little more homey. I have carpet on the floor (because it was a family room). I really haven't noticed much difference in the temperature or humidity. Here's a link to my pictures if you want to see it.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...albums878.html
Wow, that is AWESOME! I love the cutting station base, with all the drawers....and what a great idea to use two small chests (with drawers!) to put the ironing station on.
I don't have one of those 'long arm' machines, so I won't need that much space. BTW, I am kind of fascinated by those machines--it's what my quilt is going to be quilted on (at the lady's house now).

Thank you everyone, and don't stop replying....looks like the basement might be the way for me to go. My DH always likes a good project, and this might be just the ticket!