View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 05:04 AM
jad1044

I have the same problem of wanting to buy fabric - and then I take a look at what I have and all the intened fabrics for quilts I have planned and I think NO NO NO!!!But the other day I didmake a trip to a Walmart for lack of having place to get the fabric transfers for putting pictures onto them to insert into quilt blocks... It satisfied my need, and since I could think of no fabric I really needed, did not look at their fabric selections other than walking through and nothing struck my eye as something I could not live without - Maybe, slowly I'm weaning myself off this fabric buying binging... For some time it was nothing to have UPS and FEDEX stopping two to three times a week too - not to mention our regular mail lady... I"m up to my ears in pretty fabric - my sort of resolution for this year- "get the quilts made I have on my list - use up some of this intended fabric for those quilts - and then begin again - if I feel teh need" - and I doubt I will. I have UFO's galore too - so no need to do anything but keep plugging along on the things I have started already whether it be something I bought that was not finished, or whether it is something I personally made and did not get back at it - it's time to finish all the UFO's too - I think I have my 2012 planned out for me! So, in a way, I've created a fabric diet.... I wish you all luck in your diets as well! It's tough - I know!!!