Old 01-28-2012, 06:54 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher View Post
Went to visit a lady the other day and got to talking about sewing machines. Welllll she said she had a few downstairs she was just going to get rid of. So we took a look and there were 9 machines. There were 4 singers 4 kenmores and 1 pink atlas. Needless to say they came home with us. Hubby cleaned oiled and I threaded and all the machines but one sews good. Don't know yet why she wanted to get rid of them. They are newer machines but still they all sew. The Atlas is the only one that doesn't because the tension parts are missing. Any way here is a picture of one of the machines and it zig zags and can be put into a treadle. Singer even has in there manual you can put to a foot treadle. It's a Singer Merritt. We tried putting it in an old treadle cabinet but will have to modify one to make it fit right. I think that turned out to be a lucky day for us.
Geeze, some people have all the luck! I guess it was your lucky day! Man there have been some really cool machines coming to some of you lately!

I know you want to treadle the Merrit, so let us know how that works out. I love having my 319w in a treadle. I use it all the time now when I am in my sewing room. That machine just hums along so nicely. I don't even think about it being a treadle anymore - I can be sewing away then realize I am treadling a 319w, it just makes me smile!

Nancy