View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 07:17 AM
onaemtnest

Originally Posted by JeannieT View Post
we bought a home with an unfinished basement and DH built me a sewing room. I have a large window which is great, and now that the rest of the basement has been finished, there's a fridge in the Billiards Room and a bathroom, so I never really need to go upstairs. He even got a thing for our doorbell, so I can hear it now downstairs. I live in Minnesota, so it does get cold on my feet sometimes, but I keep a small space heater in my room, because I don't like to wear shoes when I sew (or in the house at all). Keeps my tootsies toasty warm. I also have a nice large island style cutting table with tons of storage and great cabinets I got off Craigslist for a steal. Love my space!! Have fun with yours!
OMGoodness Jeannie this is exactly my set-up....the only thing different is that I don't have the island but everything else, large window~doorbell alert~space heater for extra cold days~barefoot~tons of storage units~ is almost an identical mirror a to mine!

DH had builders create my sewing room as our home was being built....the only thing is, I thought it was plenty large enough five years ago...NOW it's to small :0)