Old 01-28-2012, 07:55 AM
DawnFurlong

Default First re-wiring task - wonder if I am up to it?

Ok, so I have discovered my first re-wiring task on my 15-91. The wires from the motor to the 3 pin terminal have got to be replaced. I removed the wire casing, didn't realize how bad it was (it was goo). Didn't know what I was looking for when I bought the machines re: the wires, but that's okay. I bought it with the understanding that it would likely need a re-wire at some point.

I know that cords can be bought for the light and for the knee/foot pedal and also a power cord. This is just the wiring from the motor to the 3 pin terminal (hopefully I am using the right terms here, still learning).

From those of you accustomed to doing your own re-wiring - is this easy enough to do? I have never re-wired anything in my life, have almost less than a basic understanding of electricity/wiring. I do know that it really matters which end gets connected where (like negative/positive or male/female parts on other fixtures). Not sure if I should attempt myself OR arrange for someone else to do it. Like the thought of doing it myself if possible, for a variety of reasons.

I do have a wiring schematic for older singer machines. And I forget which website I have read some instructions on re-wiring (I have so many bookmarked! Need a better system so I can find what I want).

Pointers from those of you who have done this yourself?[ATTACH=CONFIG]306876[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails imag0151.jpg