Old 01-28-2012, 08:19 AM
Ellageo

HI! I live in the PA . Dutch country..so there's lots of goodies for sale by Amish & Mennonite. I bought a loaf of bread a few years ago and...OMG !!...it was sooooo good. I read the label as I was enjoying the bread and discovered honey as an ingrediant. I made this bread & I really feel the honey is the 'secret'..try it! It's quick & easy & GOOD!!

4 cups lukewarm water......12 cups sifted flour
4 cakes of pkg. yeast.........2 tbls salt
1/2 cup honey

Combine 1 cup water with yeast & honey. Set aside until mixture starts to bubble, about 5 min. Then pour it into a large mixing bowl & add remaining water, 6 cups flour and salt. Beat vigorously with a wooden spoon until batter is smooth. Gradually work in remaining flour using just enough to make a medium dough. Form Dough into a ball and place in a large greased bowl, turning to grease dough on all sides. Cover with a towel and let rise uitil double, about 45 min. Punch down & turn out on to a lightly floured board. Cut dough into 3 equal parts & shape each into a loaf. Place in greased loaf pans. Cover with a towel and let rise until double about 30 min. Bake for 30 min or until done. at 400*.

Last edited by Ellageo; 01-28-2012 at 08:22 AM.