View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 08:27 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by greyhoundmom View Post
Thanks for all the great replies so far! I am really starting to think this might be the way to go.
AND, maybe if the exercise equipment is UPSTAIRS, I will be more motivated to use it!!

I think I have plenty of heat in the basement--it's mostly finished.
Might have to address the floor: carpet or something else?? Any suggestions? I was kind of thinking something like Pergo....

First of all, I'll confess, I have not read all the posts!

I sew in the basement, though mine is a walk out, so I do get to see the light of day.
However, how much time are you sewing during the day?
I probably do more of it at night, so does it really matter whether upstairs or down?
The important thing is the lighting!! My room is nice and bright and because of that, I can all too often sew too late into the night!!

Another advantage of basement sewing ... you can walk away from it, and leave something in mid-stream. And no one sees how you have left things. (assumption here, that others are not using the basement) At the least it is out of sight should guests arrive!

About the gym equipment ... Putting it upstairs in an isolated room may be no better for usage.
Out of sight, out of mind! What about keeping it downstairs?

Mine is at the edge of my sewing area.
Sometimes I bargain with myself ... no sewing til I do # minutes on whatever piece of equipment.
Note: I said sometimes!
... but it does haunt me that I need to and should do so,
and Iprobably still use it more with it there, than if it were somewhere else in my home!