Old 01-28-2012, 08:29 AM
quiltdoctor

Default 1876 Wheeler Wilson 8 - Hey Charlee

I got up this morning and gave the new girl a big long drink of oil, and within 30 minutes she is turning !! What a nice way to start the day. Lots of stuck screws, but they will come loose in time. This WW8 and my other one have several differences. The way the pressure foot gets pressure, the pressure foot lifter, several "things" underneath that I haven't figured out what they are yet and different in how to remove the bobbin. I did get the bobbin out this morning and it takes the same bobbin as my other one. Here are the goodies that were in her drawer. Two of the glass feet are chipped badley. There is a combination screw driver/wrench, two extra bobbins, a seam guide and screw and a quilting guide and its attaching hardware. There is also a bent piece of metal that looks like it could have been a primitive Allen wrench type thing. On the left are 2 wood screws and a bracket and an eyelet. Not sure they belong at all. Down in the cranny behind the number "8" on the front was a wool spool piece to put under the spool of thread. It is soaking in Woolite right now. It was a forrest green in color.
Now that I have played all morning, I have to get busy. More later.

Texas Jan
Attached Thumbnails attachments.jpg