View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 11:30 AM
pw6

How can tell know what is in each box? are they color coded? I would go crazy looking for things, I have clear stacking shelves and wire basket racks from Joann's, walmart and IKEA. and two large glass sliding door cabinest with wood shelves (adjustable) 76" by 68" from IKEA. you can stack about 12 to 15 fabrc's on each shelf and there are a total of three rows of fabric on each shelf and 5 shelves per unit. I have about 2,000+ yards of fabric in the two of them then I used 2 pantry or clothing cabinets from IKEA (on sale for 29.00) and took the doors off them and nailed them on the back for support and that is where I have about 90 bolts of batik fabrics. I have only one wall that I could use to hang things and that is behind my quilter. I have converted my large two car garage into my quilting room, no roomin the house was big enough to hold the quilter set up. I wish I had a bigger space and had it organized better. so I love to hear and see everyone else's, gives me hope to do better... thanks for sharing. pw6