Old 01-28-2012, 11:52 AM
Quilting Nonnie

I love the block exchange and seeing everyone's blocks. I wish we could have a shorter thread. If we could restart the thread every year or some other increment. Other BOMs have this and I would like it if the thread was a more manageable size. Also, not to be a boob about it, I wish that the thread would be confined to the assigned blocks exchanged each month and comments on them. Perhaps I'm old and crochety, but having to scroll through conversations people are having with each other about other blocks they make, side swaps (unless it is multiple blocks on their monthly swap), etc. would be confined to PM or they could make another thread for their enthusiastic sharing. It's hard for me to get to know people on the list with all the extra chatter. When I did Farmer's Wife, we had a discussion page and a picture page. There was a thread for every week, which was 2 blocks. I got to know everyone doing the blocks and we became friends.

I don't want to hurt feelings here. I just think enthusiasm just flows over and it takes a lot of posts back and forth beyond just the assigned monthly blocks.

Feel free to comment on my comment. I may be mistaken, but please don't take offense.