View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 11:57 AM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by victoriaplum View Post
I've been scrolling through all these wonderful machines and beautiful quilts & thought I'd share a little! My go-to machine that I make everything on is my 32 year old riccar that is a hand-me-down from my mum. I don't think it qualifies as antique but it's certainly vintage! Halfway through making this quilt it took ill & had to go off to the sewing machine hospital so I switched to my 'spare', my late grandmother's pfaff 30, which I think is early 1950's. I'm pretty sure it hasn't had so much as a service in the 20 years my mum & I have had (actually, maybe I should get on that...) it but it still works perfectly. The quilt is log cabin blocks made of 30's fabrics from a jelly roll with others added from stash, hand quilted. And the happy ending is my riccar was saved after a good service & now works perfectly again, hopefully it will for many years to come!
Hi and welcome! Your quilt is very pretty. Wow! Lots of work went into making the log cabins blocks for this pinwheel quilt. Most folks these days just use solid fabrics for their pinwheel quilts, but I love the look of your quilt with the log cabin blocks set into a pinwheel pattern, since it adds to the vintage look. Nicely done!