Old 01-28-2012, 05:13 PM
lawsonmugs
Power Poster

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
MJ, you got it - walking the furgirls and shoveling snow. 23 degrees and blowing snow. My driveway fills up because of the wind currents caused by my roofline and an adjacent pine tree. I think we only have about 4 inches of new snow. I had 8 to 11 in most of the drive. Luckily, it's not too long a drive but it is wide. I'm the greeter at church tomorrow so I decided I'd better get a path open then I ended up doing the whole thing. Lily and Moira walked for 1.5 miles then played while I shoveled. Both were strays in the winter so I don't let them get too cold, but they are well furred dogs, not little humans. 23 isn't cold. Congrats on going out for a walk, no matter the distance. Nothing beats fresh air. I can't join some of my friends walking the perimeter of Meijer's or the halls of the Jr/Sr HS complex. Stale heated air or unchanging scenery doesn't do it for me.

I've lost three pounds this week so I guess I will stay with protein for breakfast for a while. Wednesday is February 1st. Can I drop three more so I can meet my personal goal?? I'd settle for two so all the holiday weight would be gone. I can do a 'new' one or two next month.

I found a much sturdier cabinet for my little quilting machine at SA yesterday. It will need some wood added inside to make it the right height. Do I really need another project? Plus, it came from a smoker's house and I need to deal with that before I work near it.

Cindy, I can't believe you're doing 12 hour days so soon after returning to work. You go, girl. I assume you have Monday off.

Mary, are you on cruise control until the first so you'll have a better chance of winning next month? I would be, but you may not be as devious as I am. I try to remember every pound off is 4 pounds of pressure off my knees (and I assume my fused ankles) so even losing small amounts of weight improves our health.

I am losing weight and getting healthier.
Judy
Ive got a 9 lb loss and I feel much better already. Just 90 lbs to go. Piece of fruit (can't have cake)I know my feet feel the difference already.(heel and ankle spurs) I also have a mechanical aorta valve and 2 stents that are saying I feel better already.We'll all hang in there together.