Old 01-28-2012, 07:01 PM
candi

I guess I don't watch enough TV as I have no clue what commercial you all are talking about. But sounds like I am lucky to be ignorant, lol.

Ok, for all of those who asked, here is the pineapple upside down cake I make in my electric skillet, I suppose you could use the same recipe in the oven or stove top even, I never tried, so venture at your own risk, and BTW, I started with a recipe and through trial and error finalized this one.

1 Yellow Cake mix
1 20-oz can sliced pineapples, drained and juice reserved.
2 eggs.
Maraschino cherries
1/2 cup brown sugar
4 Tbsp. butter

Combine the cake mix, reserved pineapple juice and eggs and beat until smooth. Sometimes, I slice a couple of pineapples and thrown them in there as well. (if I remember that is,lol)
Melt the butter and add brown sugar, stirring until dissolved. Arrange pineapple slices at the bottom of the skillet and add a cherry to the center of each pineapple ring. Pour the cake batter and make sure it is even in the skillet.
Cover and bake for 20 minutes. (I keep the cover on after I turn the skillet off for another 5-10 minutes).
Place a large plate over the skillet and carefully flip the skillet to unmold the cake, Admire your creation and dig in.