View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 07:35 PM
wildyard

Thank you all for the very kind words. I will try to answer all of your questions. The tshirts belong to a local radio host on our public radio station. His program is called The Bluegrass Ramble. This year he celebrated his 39th year as host of this program. In the late 1980s, he instituted an annual free all day bluegrass show to bring bluegrass out to the public more and to get his listeners together. These are shirts he has collected over the years as host of his Bluegrass Ramble Picnic. I have made the quilt to honor and congratulate him on being in his 40th year as host of the radio show and for providing this wonderful day of awesome music and musicians free to all comers. The bands all donate their time also.
So the tshirts are of all ages, all have been used, some more than others. He wears them to music events to spread the word.
The tshirt portions are different sizes, based on the design. I prefer playing with sashing and design over cutting the shirts all the same regardless of what size the design on it is. So the tshirt sections ranged from 12x12" up to 11x14.5". I used sashing on each block to bring all the blocks up to 16.5". Then I used the main sashing for the whole quilt to provide unity. Here is a link to my first tshirt quilt here on the board:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...t-t121050.html