Old 01-28-2012, 07:38 PM
TymeToShine

Originally Posted by JudyTheSewer View Post
Hi, I am not only wanting to have the block 'spin' as Jane's original did, but I would also like to duplicate her "wonky" look. I think Jane did that on purpose; similar to how F-1 is drafted. Is anyone aware of a pattern for this? If not, I think I will draft my own.
Actually, the wonky look is what I was asking about, not the mirror image. I ended up going into EQ and drawing a wonky pattern...then the fun began! On my first try, I forgot to put colored fabric into the offshoots..so I started another block. I got it together only to discover I had made an error in my drawing and had 2 of the lines off by one dot. So...I went into EQ and corrected that error and sewed yet another block. See all three below, Unfortunately as I was pressing the last seam open on the correct block, for some reason, I felt the little wand iron I use needed a bit more pressure and without thinking, I pressed down on the bar with my left hand OUCH!! 2 nasty burns on my middle and thrid finger. Bet I won't do that again. Anyway, I do like the look of the wonky pinwheel ... I think it looks more like the one in Jane's quilt.
Attached Thumbnails dscn0004.jpg