View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 08:08 PM
Grace creates

Default Keeping your machine running nicely

I have an Activa Bernina and I usually love my machine. Well when I was FMQ I was getting thread nesting on the back. After trying everything under the sun with no success and tried just piecing and the nesting was even happening with a straight stitch, I brought it to my friend who services machines. Well after she did a good cleaning of the machine, she realized the bobbin hook had a scratch and that was causing the thread to catch on the back. Fortunately she buffed it out and all is well. This happened from breaking a needle and the eye may have lingered in there. Bernina now makes this piece in metal rather than plastic also. However, replacing this piece is costly and will eventually be necessary. So word of advice when you break a needle, be certain you find all of the pieces. Do a close inspection in the bobbin area. Any other tips on keeping a sewing machine running smoothly would be a good post. We all are very fond of our sewing machines and keeping them in good working order is something I want to pay good attention to. Grace