Old 01-29-2012, 07:37 AM
JudyTheSewer

Originally Posted by TymeToShine View Post
Actually, the wonky look is what I was asking about, not the mirror image. I ended up going into EQ and drawing a wonky pattern...then the fun began! On my first try, I forgot to put colored fabric into the offshoots..so I started another block. I got it together only to discover I had made an error in my drawing and had 2 of the lines off by one dot. So...I went into EQ and corrected that error and sewed yet another block. See all three below, Unfortunately as I was pressing the last seam open on the correct block, for some reason, I felt the little wand iron I use needed a bit more pressure and without thinking, I pressed down on the bar with my left hand OUCH!! 2 nasty burns on my middle and thrid finger. Bet I won't do that again. Anyway, I do like the look of the wonky pinwheel ... I think it looks more like the one in Jane's quilt.
Oh, Linda! So sorry about those burns! I hope they heal fast. I LOVE your block :-) I will have to draft my own too, I need it to look like that. You did a great job. I am sorry it took 3 takes to get it perfect but the final outcome is worth it! I'm finding that I am using my seam ripper an awful lot on these blockes - LOL - I am making bunches of mistakes (fabrics sewn with wrong side to right side seems to be my most common error - haha)