View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 07:56 AM
windylou

Default Coming to you from MI by way of TN!

I'm new to this board. I grew up in a DIY/Make-do/use everything twice type household. My mother and grandmother sew, my grandmother quilts, gardens and puts up food. i've always been exposed to creative arts, but have only started developing a serious interest in my adulthood. Much of my grandmother's knowledge is going to go with her. Since I now live fairly far away from them, I need some adopted moms and grandmothers to help me along with my projects!

I love old fabrics (old everything, really) and I can think of nothing better than taking old raggedy quilts and patching them up enough to use. My wedding ring is an antique and my house is decorated with all sorts of odds and ends as old as I can find them. I've dabbled in sewing. I enjoy cheater applique and I want to get into quilting more, especially since I have a whole stash of fabrics just sitting.

Anyway, my name is Windy and I'd love any help and tips I can get. I'm very creative minded but have a limited amount of patience with do things "by the book" when shortcuts often seem to work out just as well.