Old 01-29-2012, 09:20 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by JudyTheSewer View Post
I am thinking of adding a treadle machine to my collection for free motion quiliting. I have few 66's, a Davis NVF, a WW9 and WW8. What would you recommend, a Singer 115 or Singer 15-88? I really have a preference for having a 115 if their performance is basically equal. I understand that the feed dogs drop on a 15-88 where they do not drop on the 115. I am thinking that won't matter much to me, I'll just cover the feed dogs with an index card or something. I searched the board and many people are using the 15-88 for free motion work. Is it really that much better than the 115? Or, is it a case where there are not as many 115's around? As always, thank you everyone for your opinions! - Judy
Judy, if you really want a machine to FM with why get one that does not drop its feed dogs? I have a 15-88 that is great to FM with. I use that machine all the time and I love mine! It has a really nice stitch, is very dependable to always give you that stitch, and it drops its feed dogs! What more could you ask for? Of course, I can't compare as I do not has a 115.

Nancy