Thread: RAK Thank You!
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 09:22 AM
Havplenty

Originally Posted by mscupid804 View Post
Mary, I collect any and all buttons.....novelty, vintage, etc., thx for asking! The sewing kind, not political, you know what I mean! LOL
i use to collect buttons during my sewing days but i say that gingerly now as new buttons have found their way into my home. i have thousands of buttons 20+ years old (vintage?), buttons acquired from a clothing manufacturer gone bust, buttons from estate sale. i do sale some of these buttons on ebay but i send buttons in the sp swaps to help lighten my load. i like spreading the love.

i know somewhere in my future, i will be thousands of buttons lighter than i am now and that is fine with me. i have moved away from collecting things to collecting experiences and memories now and moving all this stuff is not working for me anymore. i have some buffalo nickel head buttons from 20+ years ago that i still can not find. oh well they will turn up.

teresa i am sure i can find you some buttons for your collection from this assortment.

here are my vintage buttons in large tackle boxes and bags.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]307137[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]307138[/ATTACH]

these are buttons acquired at estate sales and the clothing manufacturer. the vase is full of buttons.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]307146[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]307143[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails mybuttons1.jpg   mybuttons2.jpg   mybuttons3.jpg   mybuttons4.jpg