View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 09:26 AM
barnbum

Default ragged flannel #16!!!

This one is for my daughter's boyfriend's mom. She and I have met once--will be getting together on Rachel's birthday this month and have grown close through our emails. She is the most lovely person! Rachel said months ago that we would get along well. This new friend and her husband adore my daughter as we adore her son.

As with everyone, there are a few challenges in her life--and since some of what she's experiecing is similar to challenges I'm having, she's helped me tremendously. I thought a flannel quilt might serve once again as a hug-to-go. Yellow is her favorite color, but I couldn't find a nice flannel one with calming coordinating fabrics, so I went with low contrast for the front--and added the sunshine to the back. I told her I partially framed the sunshine--so it's captured for when she needs warming up. :-)

All my kids are coming this afternoon--and Rachel made plans to have lunch with her bf's mom tomorrow to deliver this quilt! Having Rachel give it to her is the next best thing to being there. It will be a total surprise!
Attached Thumbnails 001-copy.jpg   002-copy.jpg   011-copy.jpg   013-copy.jpg   009-copy.jpg  

007-copy.jpg