View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 09:48 AM
dublb

Originally Posted by annesthreads View Post
So - I've had a happy half hour looking at all the finished quilts that have been posted here this week. Me? Nothing to show yet. I'm doing Leah Day's Quilt Along at the moment, and am also getting to know a new machine. As I do Leah's tutes, I'm digging out UFOs that will enable me to practice what she's been demonstrating, so some of them are moving on a bit, but nothing's actually getting finished. My problem is that I'm so careless/accident-prone that I spend much valuable time sorting out mistakes. An example - this week I got out a Christmas wall hanging that just needed some quilting on the borders to finish it off. Following Leah's lesson on Stippling I rattled that off, and began to get excited about binding and finishing it - until I turned it over and discovered that the backing had shifted as I quilted on 2 sides, so I've had to undo quite a lot of the quilting. There are also about 5 million threads to be disappeared into the back of the quilt (serves me right for not doing them as I went along). And at some point in the making I managed to bleed onto the top, so if I ever get the thing bound, I have to wash it and hope that the stain will come out. That will be before I sew on the sequins that I've decided would be a nice finishing touch (it's a Christmas tree). Oh, and I also realised just yesterday that the backing has a one-way pattern and I've put it on sideways! Doesn't really matter as it's a wall hanging, and (obviously!) isn't very noticeable anyway, but par for the course!
So it looks as if this one might just about be finished by Christmas - and all the other UFOs are still waiting. I wonder why I never get anything finished...!
And believe it or not, I do TRY to be careful!
{{{HUG}}}} Sometimes that's the way it goes!It sounds a-lot like the way my Solar System quilt is going! Now that I've finished frog stitching it I've been afraid to start FMQ again.