View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 09:54 AM
Ellen 1

Originally Posted by grandma h
Have lost many things in the mail...never found...never lost anything with Fed Ex or UPS...even when insurance was purchased without signature requirement insurance was not honored...must have sales receipt for lost items...who knew they would be LOST in the mail...my lesson learned if its valuable to you and you want to see it get there don't send it by USPO...just a few bad apples can spoil the whole bushel...

As a USPS retiree, I think this is a very "broad brush". Yes, everyone has "bad apples", but there is also the possiblity of the packaging breaking open, (for one example). Please do not blame any one organization/business. it happens in other businesses as well.

Just plan well when mailing anything of value. The only guaranteed services of the USPS are: Insured Mail, Express Mail, Registered Mail. Talk with the clerk when mailing and see which is the best option for you. I always get insurance (must have proof of the value if a claim is filed) and a return reciept. Hope the quilt is located.