Old 01-29-2012, 10:47 AM
Corry

Originally Posted by Oksewnsew View Post
Well I don't want to be a smart alec about this, but WHY can't swappers just do what they sign up for and be done with it? IF you don't think you can fulfil your obligations, then don't sign up, or at least communicate with your partner. It's just not fair to the one that doesn't receive their blocks. If nothing else, send them a fat quarter, just compensate then for their effort to do their part! I enjoy this forum, have enjoyed my partners and blocks. I'm not a spring chicken but I figured out the new board, I know others could if they just quit making a mountain out of a molehill!! Sorry, I don't mean to step on anyone's toes, but seems there's more complaining than having fun. Forgive me for speaking my peace0. Let's have fun on here, fulfil your part and have a great February.
I can't speak for anyone else but when I signed up I never thought my son in law would throw my daughter and their 2 and 5 yr old out and ask for a divorce right in time for the holidays.....and then my daughter trying to commit suicide. We can't forsee what life throws at us and once things happen it is too late to say well....I quit the swap now. I am trying to fulfill my part and had pm'd my partners. As you say....It "isn't" fair for people to not recieve their blocks...I am missing a few too. I guess after the year I have had I just am more conscious of how life can become a challenge for us all. I am sorry for speaking about my problems I was having but I just thought it was important that we remember there are most likely alot of times it is not intentional that we don't get our blocks on time. I am really sorry if I have made this swap unpleasant. For the most part I have enjoyed the swap and learning to do different blocks and talking with the members of this group. Corry