Old 01-29-2012, 05:42 PM
Cre8tvlwyr

I went out of town a couple of days and just got back to this thread ... there have been so many many wonderful blocks posted since I left...WOW. Yep Tyme - love the way you did your A-1 and also perfect circles!!

Are you using Karen Kay Buckley's "perfect circles" as well?? There are so many ways of making circles. I think the key is to have something firm or sturdy to be able to put a perfect crease in your fabric - whether you use an iron or your fingernail [I've done both.] Pearl Periera puts a pattern on a type of freezer paper and irons it to another piece of freezer paper [marking to the inside] before cutting it - that way the ink doesn't run and you have a stiffer template. My friend, Rita Verroca laminates her pattern pieces. You can run a thread around a circle to make a yo-yo shape and needle-turn gathered side down.

Another hint for cutting flying geese - a waste-free method that is my favorite - Patti Anderson has copy written these directions so I will simply direct you to her instructions
http://www.patchpieces.com/files/flyinggeese.pdf

Since I just got home - and I haven't done the three blocks yet myself - I will end now. I was given a list of blocks, which like A1 need to be "mirrored" if you want to have your blocks look like Jane. I will post these shortly.
Gus