View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 07:23 PM
ICU_FOSTERMOM

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts View Post
Omak, When we lived in New Hampshire, our quilt guild made quilts for Dartmouth's Mary Hitchcock Hospital's equivilent of a Ronald McDonald House - David's House named after a child who needed long term care up there (in Lebanon, NH) & started by his parents. Anyway, we gave many, many quilts to them. That guild is still active and one of the most recent issues of Quilter's Newsletter Magazine showed a lovely quilt made by Nancy Bell and another lady from the guild, Hannah Dustin, that was raffled off to benefit David's house. We were often recipients of letters from the children's families after they had either left David's House for home, or passed away. So many of them would mention that the child had been buried with their quilt!!!! That really gets to you, big time!
HI Kathy,

I hope that you are well. I loved reading this post and seeing the pictures. Nice work,Lady.
Do You ever get any pictures of the convicts actually doing the quilting ? I know that there might be privacy issues but someone must not mind having their picture taken. I have been slowly learning my way around this new format .
I am glad that I found You. I know that a number of quilters have left for another quilt board.
Well ...Take.........Alice