Old 01-29-2012, 10:22 PM
melinda1962

Originally Posted by chris_quilts View Post
I have a 66-16. It is in probably pristine consition for a Singer from Mar 2, 1950. She came from an estate auction. It has little to no wear on any decals but it does have an issue. A rather problematic issue. I cannot get it to engage the bobbin winder. The machine runs when it's not engaged but the tire doesn't make full contact with the wheel and when it does the wheel won't move. When i was cleaning, the backside was dirty with black colored stuff on it which did some off and it wasn't the paint. Am pretty sure I don't have any other 66s or 99s around to fill up a bobbin with to see if the machine runs. Both the winder tire and belt were replaced by me. The old tire just crumbled off when I attempted to remove it in one piece.
Any suggestions from anyone? All will be appreciated. ~ Chris
Have you oiled the bobbin winder and turned it by hand to make sure it will turn at all? Make sure it has not been removed before and put back together incorrectly. I had gotten a "Side Winder" bobbin winder last Christmas and it does all sizes of bobbins, but I like to have the one on the machine work though.