Old 01-30-2012, 06:26 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by crewsemj View Post
I really don't know how to word this question but here goes. For those of you who use a treadle, when you stop the machine by putting your hand on the wheel, does your needle go down or up when you take your hand off the wheel? It's like gravity takes over and depending on which side of center it is stopped at the needle will drop back down or go up.

Am wondering if the belt has something to do with it as I have no idea how tight it is suppose to be. Please excuse my questions but this treadle stuff is all new to me. I love doing it, and if I could just figure this out I think I'd be a happy camper.
Any help out there? Thanks
Crewsemj, when you stop sewing with the wheel, you still have to use your feet to "hold" the needle up. I think we have all had the same issue you are talking about, atleast I have. My needle always wants to go back into the fabric after I stop. I have to hold the pedal with my feet to keep the needle in the position I want. The minute you let go with your feet, or maybe your foot is sitting there pushing without you realizing it, the needle will fall back down.

Nancy