View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 06:46 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Quilting Nonnie View Post
Wow! Congratulations QE! It's a great accomplishment. I think you're added blocks are fantastic. Love the 4H. I was in 4H when I was young(er). I still use the skills I learned then, not to mention learning how to sew. Plus making posters for presentations etc.

Remember this summer when I was ahead of you and you were saying that I'd finish first? Strange things happen, don't they? Congratulations on finishing and coming in ahead of me!
Oh QNonnie ... I was smiling last night as I read my posts with 15 blocks done in August. There was no race here, just that I became focused as I wanted these blocks and their affiliated fabric stash out of the way before I got on the PC saddle!

Many Thanks to you
QNonnie, for helping me re-energize over Christmas. I was at a low in FWS enthusiasm then, and could have so easily set it all aside, and with your riding along with me for those few weeks, you helped me get back in the spirit. I know you will finish yours ... sometimes we just need a break for a bit. And I'm looking forward to seeing your quilt you are working on now.

I'm somewhat glad (relieved?) to see the FWS blocks done. Now for the long process of sashing etc. which will be broken up with the PC blocks, and hopefully some other projects. I just hope my LQS has been able to get the fabric I need for the sashing/borders/binding and that I don't have to start off on a hunt for something else.

First before anything else will be trimming and binding my Hospice Passage Quilt.