Old 01-30-2012, 09:01 AM
Cre8tvlwyr

Originally Posted by urgodschild2 View Post
I am getting confused with the talke about the signature block and this DJ quilt. Are you going to start a separate thread for those who want to do the signature block and the triangle or square thing?
I'm sorry urgodschild, I totally forgot to address this question yesterday...
Since our thread will go on well over a year [til September of 2013 is it??] I am keeping an interest list. In fact I am thinking of sending personal PMs to all to explain in a few days or so - that way I'm sure to touch base with everyone and if we get a new member I can PM them as well. Since the DJ will go on for a long time, I do not think it would be a good idea to exchange blocks until we are closer to the end, sometime in 2013. But I can keep everyone posted as to the number interested in the exchange so you can plan whether you want to cut rectangles to put your information on or create an actual block. Because of the great number of persons involved, creating a block for each could become both time consuming and costly. My suggestion was that every person who wanted to be included would be expected to send a rectangle for everyone in the exchange group. When I send out my PM I will also take a count of those who would like to make a complete block. I expect the number will be much smaller, but I will let all of those know so that you will all have a choice. This way all participants will prepare at least a rectangle for everyone [those who only want to do rectangles will only be asked to submit a rectangle for those wanting a whole block and those wanting a whole block will only make blocks for others who will submit a block, but small rectangles for those not making blocks]

I hope this makes sense??

I just think it would be nice for us to have signature 'fabrics' from everyone by the time this is done, without requiring so much time and money investment. At the same time, those who want the entire blocks can get the blocks from a few others and complete blocks around the signature rectangles they receive.

By the triangle or square thing - I assume you mean block A6?? did I answer the question ....or continue to confuse???
Gus

and...no it will not be on a different thread