View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 11:10 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

i bought the majority of the fabrics for this (1 1/2 yd pieces) while on vacation 3 years ago in Florida at the time i was thinking about some sort of sunrise/sunset quilt- those fabrics have just sat on the shelves every since- once in awhile i would pull them out & look at them and just couldn't figure out what to do with them- would put them back- then when i started pulling the pinks i found that the darker -sunrise fabrics- seemed to me to work together well- and i just 'thought' a french braid of a bargello would be fun- so off i went finally using those fabrics (which by the way are Moda Classics Marble Botanicals (in case anyone want to try to find some of them)
once i finally had a plan it all went together pretty quickly- finding a good assortment of black & whites was a challenge- but i made it work- i was determined to not spend any money.
i will show pictures again when it is actually finished/quilted & bound.
thanks all for all the compliments! I just love it when a plan comes together- and i made it during a really gray/gloomy week in January- it really brightened my sewing room