Old 01-30-2012, 11:30 AM
pinkberrykay

Cool Im bursting with EXCITEMENT!!!!! New Home Treadle for $10

I went into a local store I hadn't been into yet and was looking around for anything. I asked the lady if she had any vintage sewing machines preferably Singer. She said she had a treadle in the back wasn't sure what brand and the lady was only asking $10. I asked her if I could see it so she went into the warehouse and found it, she came back and told me it was a New Home and that her husband bringing it up. Once I saw it I was sold. She needs a lot wood restoration and a good cleaning!!! There is a little rust on the peddle that I am hoping I can get off. The needle moves up and down and the bobbin is still there. The rope that attaches to the treadle and the machine broke (its dry rotted) while my friend and I were trying to hook it up. Do you know where i can get another one to replace it???

Best of all, I found the original instructions, warranty and needle pack!!!! The direction manual is very brittle so I have to be careful with it. There is a piece of paper in the directions with a stamp dated July 10, 1932, I wonder if this is her birthday?!

So now that I have her home, she needs a bath. What is the best oil to clean the machine?????

[ATTACH=CONFIG]307603[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]307604[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]307605[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails photo-45.jpg   photo-44.jpg   photo-42.jpg