View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 05:40 PM
Trish88

Well from my experience......when I had my sewing room in the basement I didnt seem to get much done...for several reasons.....my laundry room was around the corner.....so I did my laundry and always would say okay while thats getting done I will sew...well that didnt work all the time...and then my hubby has our TV/BIG lol around the other corner with exercise equipment....are you getting the picture lol...I had so many obstacles that when I wanted to sew something was always distracting me.....so I thought okay I need my own space with lots of light a window for fresh air and just to see outside from time to time....so I took my daughters room which is a spare room for grandchildren or guests....well let me tell you it was the best thing that ever happened....now I dont hear hubby when those football games are on and hes exercising and grandchildren getting into my threads etc.....so PLEASE do yourself a favor have your own space.....and one very important factor is the temperature of the room not to mention dust and moisture which seems to be in rooms in the basement....which leads to problems with your sewing machines so thats my advice....good luck and have fun doing your own room making it yours........it took me 3 months to get everything the way I want it and Iam still doing things to make it workable is that a word lol......God Bless Trish