View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 06:43 PM
EllieGirl

Unhappy Serious Grandcild Issue Need Advice

My oldest grandchild will be 4 Sunday. He is not completely potty trained yet and still poops his pants. SIL had this problem until he was 4th grade or so. Naturally my SIL is emotionally scarred from this. My daughter has taken my grandson to a gastroenterologist, a psychologist and the family physician. They all say to reward him, which my daughter does, when he goes and not make it negative. She and her hubby have had disagreements about this. Of course he's never talked to any doctors, just goes by his experiences. Tonight he picked up the little guy from preschool and the class was outside, and DGS was playing by himself. When SIL got into the car, instead of asking DGS why he's playing by himself, he told him kids don't want to play with him because he poops his pants. DD said DGS was sad and didn't want to eat, but he said he didn't feel well. They've all been sick, so nothing unusual. At dinner SIL said he's tired of being nice about it and is going to do it his way. She told SIL if he continues this, she won't allow DGS around him. I told my daughter this is abusive and she needs to make a stand for her child that this will just get worse, blah, blah, blah. It's a good thing they live 900 miles away because I would be inhis face.

Anyway, I had two girls with no problems potty training. Did anyone else experience this with a son??