View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 05:39 AM
Favorite Fabrics

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

An update on the schedule for the new colorways of the Lakehouse hydrangea & raspberry fabrics... the powder pink colorway, which was part of the Teatime Florals II collection, is supposed to be available in September. The mist & cloud blue colorway is not coming until January. (Too bad... I was hoping all of them would be out in fall!)

Anyway... I talked to Sam, the owner of Needlecraft (an east coast fabric distributor), and he is still trying to get Holly (owner of Lakehouse) to reprint 03007-ivory, the cream-periwinkle-purple colorway of the hydrangea and raspberry print (pictured below). The plan is that he and I will split a printing, giving each of us 500 yards to sell. He's pretty sure that Holly will reprint it (why wouldn't she?) but he wants to make sure that if it goes to print, the printing will be exclusively his and mine.

Whew! Five hundred yards is not a lot for him to sell, but it sure seems so for me! But it's such a lovely color, I'm pretty sure that this will work out. It's the first time I've tried to "commission a printing". Kind of scary to the budget... you know, a lot of eggs in a single basket.

Now... how's that for a behind-the-scenes look at the inside of the fabric industry?
Attached Thumbnails attachment-14383.jpe