Old 01-31-2012, 06:25 AM
lucyg

Default Shipshewana

Shipshewana is my favorite quilting destination - even tho it's four hours away and my DH has to drive me right thru the middle of Chicago to get there! (We live NW of Chicago, not far from the Wisconsin border.). I haven't been to the quilt show, but if you go, you absolutely must check out the fabric in Lolly's (in the Davis Mercantile building), and Yoder's. Our favorite place to stay overnite is at the Essenhaus Inn in Middlebury. It's just beautiful there. There's another small quilt shop right there at Essenhaus, The Corn Crib. If you go, I'm sure you'll have a great time. Don't forget to have meals at both the Essenhaus in Middlebury and at the Blue Gate Restaurant in Shipshewana. Lots of touring to do in this wonderful Amish area!
Lucy

Originally Posted by ohstr View Post
Good morning,
I have the opportunity to attend the Shipshewana Quilt show this year in June, and was just wondering if any of you have attended this show in the past. I am always anxious to attend any quilt show - this is a new one for me. I have been reading about the beautiful area - it does sound wonderful.

Thanks for your input,
Sue