View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 08:42 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by Gee Hope View Post
I am new to ME (luv ME) and stay at my machine since I still get jams in the bobbin area. I can hear a 'clunk' sometimes and often notice the bobbin jam or the top thread shredding. As soon as I notice it I stop the machine to hopefully make cleanup easier. I would love to feel confident enough to leave the machine area during the 3+ minute stitching.

Am I doing something wrong or is this typical? Should I just relax and let the machine stop itself? Thanks.
I'm still new as well but I like being near my machine so I move it to my dinning room table since my hectic life won't let me sit by and stare. I am starting to notice the sounds that mean pay attention to me and when I do that I can catch it and sometimes save what I'm working on. I've found a few tricks. If my stablizer gets a little torn when it messes up I can spray it with the (I use June Tailor) basting spray) and attach another piece of stablizer over top and most of the time this allows me to salvage my piece. My machine is also great about going back into the stitching process which I was told not all of them do; I don't know. The other thing that I love is the blue masking tape. I like to use the larger hoops alot and the stablizer on the roll barely fits in it so I run a row of tape down each side and it helps keep the stablizer tight in the hoop. Usually if my bobbin makes a mess I know that somehow I either didn't quite get the thread threaded right or it's gotten stuck somehow. I normally will tug on the thread around where the needle is, where the spool is and where the tension is to see if I can see the problem area before I touch anything. Good luck and keep on going. I can be so frustrating.