Old 01-31-2012, 10:54 AM
rfbrazell

That is not greedy. I know how hard you work on other peoples blocks, like the pink poodles you did for my wifes Paris quilt for her breast cancer. They were spectacular and the hand blanket stitching was just perfect.
I finally had some spare time (lol). So I found this panel of a geshia dancer (lived in the orient and south seas for many years) so i made this quilt for me with pieced fans and latners around the panel and it turned out great. I machine free motion on my home machine and it was awesome. One of my quilting friends came over and she wanted to know what I was working on so I showed her my Gesiha quilt and she just loved it and by the way she looked at it I knew she REALLY Loved. So I put it away in the closet and forgot about it for a month or so. My wife and I are talking one morning before chemo and she asked who tom and Loretta were ( Loretta my quilting friend). That's all it took. I told Cathy that I was feeling like god was asking me if I would be willing to give up my geshia quilt to Loretta. so when we got home, I wrapped it up and we took a drive over to Tom and Lorettas and gave her the package. You would have thought we gave her a million dollars......She went crazy. To make a long story shorter, I learned not to hold on to things to tightly. But the joy I got from seeing her really happy was the best reward.
I still have one I made for me, the Oliva's puzzle quilt. and I love it.
All the best
R